Receiving mail on the Appalachian Trail

5.20.2009

I've been wondering about how to keep in touch and get mail from people while I'm on the trail, and I just found out one way. The post office offers a service called general delivery.

This means that if someone writes me a letter addressed like this:

Addy*

c/o General Delivery

Small town near the AT, State, Zip code


Unfortunately, I have yet to officially change my name to Adelaide, so, unless I get my stuff together and change my name before I leave, letters will have to be addressed to Shelly. I have to take a picture ID to the specified post office to pick up my mail. Handy, eh? I've also heard that some businesses along the way offer the same service.

I'll be e-mailing out a list of what post offices I'll be using and when.

Stumble Upon Toolbar Add to Mixx!

0 comments: