Bush and Birth Control (sounds naughty, eh?)

8.15.2008

My friend Abe sent this to me and I thought I'd pass it along.

The Bush administration is trying to include birth control in the definition of "abortion" so that healthcare workers can refuse to provide it. From the Houston Chronicle on August 10th:

"Health and Human Services officials are considering a draft regulation that would classify most birth control pills, the Plan B emergency contraceptive and intrauterine devices as forms of abortion because they prevent the development of fertilized eggs into fetuses."

If you, like me, feel that this is insane manipulation of both women and English, please add your name to the MoveOn petition about it, and keep your eyes and ears open for other opportunities to intervene in this bait-and-switch.

Click here to read the Houston Chronicle article:

Stumble Upon Toolbar Add to Mixx!

0 comments: